Tuesday, May 15, 2018

God is Aware of You! Even If You Are In a Coma

5/14/18

Happy Mother’s Day (yesterday)!!!!

Wow! It was great to be able to talk with my family again for the final time on my mission. I love seeing their smiling and happy faces! I love them so much! I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for sending me to the most amazing family I could have asked for! I am so blessed to have the greatest Mom in the world who loves me and has sacrificed so much for me and the rest of my family. I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!!! :) :) :)

Alright, so I don’t have a whole lot of time to email today...and I already told my family most of what happened this week.... so I will tell you about a miracle that happened just on Saturday that I forgot to tell my family! Hahaha

So, Elder Reynolds and I had found this really nice man named Ashok on Friday who was interested in meeting with us again at the church building. So, we had a lesson scheduled with him for 4:00 on Saturday. However, for some reason we totally forgot about the appointment and realized our mistake at 4:45! As we hurried as fast as we could (well, as fast as the MTA bus service could go) we called Ashok to apologize and ask if he would be able to make it at 5. Turned out that we was super delayed as well and said he would be there at 5:00. We finally made it to the church and Ashok never showed up!!! So, we figured we would just wait to see if he might show up before we would have to leave at 6. After waiting for a little bit, the Chinese Sisters came into the building saying they needed us to come talk to a man they just barely ran into on the street and invited to come see the church building. The man they brought in was named Edgar and is from the Philippines! He is so kind and friendly! Well, Elder Reynolds and I showed him the building and taught him the Restoration using the pictures hanging on the walls around the building. As we showed him the baptismal font, Edgar said that he felt it was a very holy place. Just before entering the baptismal font room we had taught him about the restoration of the priesthood, so as we stood next to the font I invited him to be baptized by someone who now holds that same priesthood authority. The Spirit touched his heart and Edgar agreed to be baptized! We then walked with him to the Chapel and taught him about how we renew our baptismal covenants in this room as we partake of the sacrament. I asked him how he felt in there and Edgar again said he felt this room was very holy. Edgar agreed to come to church the following day! As we were talking in the Chapel, Edgar informed us of his wife’s dire medical situation. It turns out that his wife had total organ failure while they were on a trip in Germany 5 months ago and has been in a coma ever since. We told Edgar about the power of the Priesthood through blessings and he asked if we could give one to his wife in the nursing home hospital just 2 blocks away. It was a very sacred experience giving his wife, Linda, a blessing. As I was giving her the blessing, I felt prompted to tell Linda (who is still unconscious) that she would make a full and speedy recovery and that God would inspire doctors to discover what is wrong with her and what they need to do to help her. I know that God works through us as we are willing to submit to His will! God lined up our day perfectly (even though it meant cancelling our original appointment by making us forget about it) so that we could help out Edgar and his wife. 

I know that God lives and that He is very aware of each and every one of us. He loves you and knows exactly what you need right now. Trust Him! Follow Him! As you do, He will never lead you astray.

I love you all so much and hope you had an amazing Mother’s Day!

Until next week,
Elder Snell


1) My amazing Mom! She is a major reason that I am the person I am today! Thanks for everything you do for me, Mom :) :) :) I love you!!!!!1
2) My Dad was stuck in St. George and my Grandma is currently serving a mission in the Nauvoo, Illinois temple! What a memorable video chat for Mother’s Day! 
3) Lunch on exchanges with our Zone Leaders! I got to go with one of my previous companions, Elder Lee!
4) Poké bowl! I love all the super cool foods you can find here in Flushing! This one is a Hawaiian dish :)








No comments:

Post a Comment