Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Moving Out of Midwood

Feb 5, 2015

Hello, Friends! :)

Alright, so I don’t have a whole lot of time this week to do much emailing... lots of stuff I have to accomplish today haha so Elder Lee and I will be running around all day :)

Tomorrow is transfers.... and yeah....I am out... it is super sad because I have only been here in Midwood for 2 transfers. But that is okay, because I know where ever I go is exactly where the Lord needs me! 

So, along with me being moved from Midwood (not sure where I am going yet), after a wonderful 5 transfers I have been released from being a Zone Leader. It was such a privilege and blessing to be able to serve the missionaries I serve with in a different way. I have learned so much from the examples of my peers and from my Heavenly Father. I feel that i have truly learned how to love and care for someone in the way our Savior loved and cared for others (even though it is just a fraction of the love and compassion the Savior felt toward His brothers and sisters here). I was also called to be a District Leader again! I am super stoked about that! Words cannot express how excited I am to continue to serve my fellow missionaries :) :) :) I have 4 transfers left on my mission :( so my next area very well may be my last area here in New York. I guess we will have to see haha

This final week here in Midwood has been a super long one (week 7 of this extended transfer), yet one so full of miracles! Jose is currently on a week long no smoking streak! *knock on wood* This is the first time in his life since the age of 12 that he has gone more than one day in a row without smoking a single cigarette! I am so so so proud of him! It has been such an incredible experience to witness the changes that have happened in his life and in his character. Over the course of just 3-4 months, Jose went from stealing cars, robbing houses, using about every drug imaginable, never smiling, never caring what God thinks of him, etc. to having immense faith in Christ, having utter disgust for his own sins, smiling and laughing and cracking jokes, serving strangers who need some help on the streets, and having genuine love for all people. Jose is the prime example of the changes that are made possible through the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. There is absolutely no way anyone could convince me that the is no God. Jose is a testimony that God lives. Jose along with thousands and thousands of others. What a joy this has been to watch the Savior truly change lives.

I love missionary work so much!! Over the past two transfers, the ward has grown a lot in regards to how missionary work is done here :) It is by no means perfect, but it has been great to be a part of the improvements that have been made! When I arrived here, there was little to no member involvement in missionary work. Right when I got here, we got a new Bishop who understood very well how missionary work should function in a ward. He called new ward missionaries and armed the Ward Mission with some great members! Our Ward Correlation meetings have become amazing over the past transfer! We have had ward missionaries at each meeting who have become key in helping the rest of the members become more excited for the work of salvation. It has been super neat to see the leadership of the ward take charge in missionary work :) Goodness, I love missionary work!!

Well, I guess I wrote a lot more than I thought I would haha  sorry for the long emails each week... If you have any questions about anything, feel free to write me! I love hearing from you all!

Have the most splendid week of your life, then do it again next week! :) 

Love you all!

Elder Snell





Sorry for the lack of pictures this week. At least there is one with me in it, so I have fulfilled the requirements ;) haha 


1) Exchanges with Elder Morency (left) and Elder Bissereth (right, but not all the way. That’s Elder Lee)

2) Video of me on an “exercise machine” in the house of a Guyanese woman we knocked into hahaha





No comments:

Post a Comment