Tuesday, February 13, 2018

πŸ‡¨πŸ‡³ Welcome to China πŸ‡¨πŸ‡³

Hello, Friends! :)

I just barely got back from the TEMPLE!!!!! So I don’t have a whole lot of time to write today. Here comes a speed summary of my past week!

So, to start off, I would like to express that this past week has probably been one of the greatest weeks on my mission! No joke! It has been phenomenal! I wish I could explain half of the amazing things that happened last week. I will try my best :)

  • Transfers were last week! I was transferred back to QUEENS! YES! So now I am in Flushing with Elder Rice. OH MY GOODNESS, I love it here! We live right in the heart of basically China hahaha It is the greatest thing of my life! There are sooooo many people that live here in Flushing and it is awesome! With Queens being the most diverse place on the planet (that’s a fact), comes the blessing of having missionaries serve here who speak different languages. There are two districts here in Flushing, the Chinese district and my district which consists of an English companionship, a Spanish companionship, and two Korean companionships. We have decided to call ourselves the ‘Spengleans’! I LOVE my district so much!!!!! 
  • The branch here is pretty small. It is combined Spanish and English, so I am now working on learning a little bit more Spanish so I can communicate with the other half of my ward! The mission is definitely keeping me on my toes
  • Elder Rice is a champ! He is from California near San Diego and has been on his mission for 7.5 months. I love him lots!
  • This week was FILLED with miracles!!!! I don’t have time to go super into specifics about them, so I will give a vaguely general summary of them haha. Our teaching pool needs a lot of growth, so Elder Rice and I have been doing a lot of finding :) it has been amazing! We found 6 super solid new investigators this week where the ways we found them were 100% led by God. Remind me to tell you more about them next week! Let’s just say I know God lives and really does put us in the path of His children who are ready for the gospel! Jessica, Sylvia, Lucy, Jenny, Brian, and Jeffrey are miracles!!!
  • Elder Randall K. Bennett visited our mission on Friday! Wow, was that amazing! I love being able to learn from the experiences and wisdom of general authorities! The things he shared were definitely an answer to some of my prayers :)

There is so so so much more I need to tell you, but I will have to leave it at that. I love you all so much!


Love ya!
Elder Snell

P.S. OH OH OH OH OH!!! We are going to be in the Chinese Lunar New Year parade here in Flushing on Saturday! I am pretty sure it will be televised on the news, so try and find it online and you might see all the missionaries dressed in the yellow Mormon Helping Hands vests! See you on TV!




1) Saying goodbye to Jose :( this man changed my life by changing his. It was such an incredible experience to work with Jose :)


2) Saying goodbye to John (recent convert in Midwood)

3)Barclays Center in Brooklyn (had to pass it on my way to the doctors last week)

 

4-5) Cinnamon peanut butter & mint jelly sandwich for lunch! 



6-7) Second to last temple trip here in NY! :( :( It was AMAZING to be able to go to the temple again :) I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment