Monday, January 29, 2018

Going for Gold, Settling for Silver

Hey, Everyone! :)

Sorry for the super short email this week. I will try to write more next week. At least there are pictures, right? Hahaha anyway, here is a super fast summary of my week :)

- The Zone leaders in the Brooklyn Stake met with our Stake President on Thursday to go over every recent convert in our areas. It was really neat to be able to meet with the Stake Presidency to discuss how we can work with them to better the wards in which we serve. President Reynolds was there too. They also had a giant tub of jelly beans and mints on the table, so we were happy! 
- Angel came to church for the first time since I have served in Brooklyn! She is an investigator we have been working with since I got here and has refused to come to church because she doesn’t want to accidentally sleep in and break her promise to come.... but, she finally made it!!!! It was so great having her there! She absolutely loved it, too! Angel always mentions in her lessons, “when I am baptized I will.....” hahaha she is too great! I love her!
- I had the most spiritual experience with Jose this week. A couple weeks ago, Jose offered a kneeling prayer with us to help him decide a day that he will quit smoking for good. He chose January 25th. I was honestly surprised that he chose a date so soon, but he was certain that was the day God wanted him to choose. Over the two weeks leading up to Jose’s quit day, his faith grew exponentially! He KNEW that Christ was going to help him quit smoking. Keep in mind that when I first met Jose he was a full-time car their, cocaine and heroine and marijuana addict, and smoked multiple packs of cigarettes each day. He now has immense faith in Christ and always has a smile on his face. He has overcome all his addiction aside from cigarettes. The day before Jose’s quit day, we had a lesson with him. We taught him about the Priesthood and talked about some of the miracles Christ performed. We explained that that same healing power is on the earth today and is held by men in Christ’s restored church. After an intense spiritual lesson, Jose asked if I would give him a blessing to help him quit smoking. I know that God knows and loves Jose. I felt it. Since Jose’s quit day, he hasn’t smoked a single cigarette. I know God lives! I believe in and trust in the healing power of the Priesthood of Christ. It has been such a special experience to witness Jose’s growth in the gospel. Heavenly Father is always there and is always willing to lift us. Jose has a bright future ahead of him in the Lord’s church! 
- We had exchanges with Elder Bissereth and Elder Morency! I love those two so much! They are both Haitian Creole speaking missionaries. Lots of fun!
- We had our zone activity today! Elder Lee and I planned our own Zone 2 Olympic Games! It was awesome! However, during one the events I dislocated my shoulder while crawling on the ground and blowing a tissue across the gym and am now in a sling hahaha sadly, my team lost because of it... oh well... 

Well, this email turned out to be a lot longer than I thought it was going to be! Hahaha oops! I will stop now 🛑 

I love you all! 

Have a great week!
Elder Snell








No comments:

Post a Comment