Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Got Glasses!!!! Mommy letter

11.13.17

Hello from Queens, New York!!!

Hi Mommy! My glasses are very nice! Definitely helping with the headaches! I originally had the progressive bifocals, but they were not helping at all hahaha so I went in and was reevaluated by a more experienced doctor. He said that the other doctor messed up on my prescription. So, he increased the strength of my glasses and did away with the bifocals, thank goodness! Hahaha the Doctor told me that my case is very common in college students who have to read a lot. As they read things close up for an extended period of time, they become near-sided due to the muscle on their lens losing strength from being strained so much. So, basically, I have ruined my eyesight by studying the scriptures! Hahahaha I think that is awesome! I also have a small stigmatism in my left eye. So my left eye has -1.00 and my right has -0.75. They are a little strong for now, but the doctor said that he was shooting for me being able to keep these glasses for years and years without having to get them updated. So, my eyes will adjust to them :) I am really enjoying being able to see far away again hahaha :) I will put some pictures at the bottom :)

I am so happy that you are doing well with your lip. Those pictures look very painful and sad.... I can’t wait until you get to smile again! 

So, transfers are actually tomorrow. I am being transferred to Brooklyn! Next transfer will be a 5 week transfer and the one after that will be 7 weeks. Usually they are every 6 weeks :) 

I am super excited for you to come to NY next week!!!!!! You are going to have tons of fun! I was thinking of getting a giant flag and standing at the edge of the East River and waving it to you hahahaha I doubt I will be able to do that though haha. It will probably be weird for you looking at my mission from the other side of the river though! :) take lots of pictures :) Go exploring! Use Google Maps! Go to Serendipity Ice Cream Parlor! Central Park is a blast! Usually there are a lot of street performers there :) 

Things are going really well with Elder Fausett and I! I have learned a ton from him! It was a good 2 transfers with him :) It was really nice to stay with someone for more than one transfer Hahahaha.


I love you Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment