Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Welcome to New York!

11.20.17


Hi, Family!!!! :) :) :) Welcome to my home!

First off, I checked out your itinerary, and I am super jealous that you are getting to do all the stuff I have been dying to do since I got here!! You are going to have tons of fun! Man, I miss band trips hahaha

Anyway, where are you at? Did you land at the LaGuardia or JFK airport? Both of which are in my mission, btw ;) hahaha but I am sure you already knew that. Last week, both airports were actually in my area! Mom asked me about the possibility of coming over to the mission office? You are more than welcome to do that! Hahaha that would be sweet! Not sure if President Reynolds will be there today, but the office missionaries and the senior couples will definitely be there. Just don’t take a cab there from Manhattan!!!! That would be mad expensive! If you are going to try to get there, the best route would definitely be by subway (it’s the cheapest and probably the fastest due to traffic). Or you could take the Long Island Railroad from Penn Station over to Woodside ($20 round trip...), then take the subway over to the mission office. If you need to know what trains to take, let me know hahaha :) Regular subway is the cheapest! You can just get on the R train (Queens bound) at Times Square and go straight to Woodhaven Blvd. in Elmhurst, Queens. No transfers or anything :) 

If they give you any time for lunch or dinner on your own, you definitely need to go get some real pizza! ;) hahahaha just go to any hole-in-wall looking place. They will have the best pizza :) any of the suggested pizza places they gave to you should be great! As long as it is the kind where they have all the pizza laid out for you to look at, you pick one, and they put it in the oven for you right then! Those kind are the best! Also, go to a NY deli! They are super super good! Most NY Hero sandwiches are phenomenal :) 

So, what are your plans for today? Guess what?!? So, Elder Pratt was supposed to have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow in Manhattan around where you are going to be!! But, the doctor asked if we could schedule it for next week instead.... oh well! Hahaha probably for the best ;) it would’ve super crazy to run into a bunch of Davis Band kids, though hahaha. Let me know what you are up to for the day!!

It is still super crazy to think you are literally just a 30-45 minute train ride away from me! Just on the other side of the river! When you go on your Statue of Liberty cruise you will be able to see Brooklyn :) so, you can wave and say, “Hello, Elder Snell!!!” I won’t be able to hear you, but that is okay hahaha I am in the very center of Brooklyn and cover down to the bottom edge of it. 

OH!!!!! Go to the temple!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE that temple! :) :) :) so cool how when you walk inside, it becomes silent! The temple is on one of the busiest streets over there, but when you walk inside, you can’t hear a thing going on outside! So sweet! Just take the 1 train (uptown bound) from Times Square up to Lincoln Center plaza :) It’s just like 3 stops or so :) the temple is right next to the subway station, so you can’t miss it :)

Wow! This is so cool that you are here! Still super jealous that I can’t come with you, but that is okay! We will have to do it all again after my mission ;) hahaha 

I love you all! Have so much fun here in NYC! Email me if you need anything :) love you tons and tons! Take lots of pictures for me!

Elder Snell


P.S. Be sure to always have some cash on you. Most pizza places/deli’s are cash only... some accept card though with a minimum of $10 or something like that :)

P.P.S. Please be careful in Times Square! There have been quite a few terrorist attacks over the past couple months in Times Square. If you see any sketchy looking vehicles, get out of the way :) some terrorists have mowed over and killed a number of people very recently on two different occasions... Also, there are a lot of nude protestors and nude “street performers” in Times Square... please be careful :)

P.P.P.S. If you really want to, I could give you Sister Reynold’s number and you could text her to see what they are up to today. Just if you wanted to meet them :) 

Love you!  Have a great time! Hope to hear back from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment