Monday, December 25, 2017

Monday Dec 11, 2017

DECEMBER 11, 2017 (A letter to Mom, his mass email was a voice recording)

HI MOM!!!! :)

I hope you didn’t think I forgot you! :) hahaha I was in the middle of responding to your email. Hahaha I haven’t had the chance to write my mass email yet, because I wanted to write a ton of personal emails today first. 

Everything is going really well over here! No need to worry about all the terrorist attacks. There was a bombing over in Manhattan today... hopefully they don’t decided to hit the rest of NYC...

The Zone is getting much much better! Light the Zone is going great! The missionaries are loving it and are really catching the spirit of what we wanted to have happen with them :) they just seem to have more light in their eyes! It has been really fun to do simple little acts of charity for the missionaries here :) It is amazing to see how Heavenly Father turns one small little thing into a life-changing experience!

I love Elder Pratt! Speaking of Elder Pratt, here’s something that I just wrote to Elaina:
Life is good :) I am doing really really well. Elder Pratt has been having a super hard time being satisfied with his mission. He goes home in 4 months. He has some depression he is working through and goes to the doctor for each week. Saturday morning, we sat down for personal study, and Elder Pratt seemed just super down. I asked him what was up and he just broke down in tears. I spent the next couple hours trying to comfort him and give him hope. Wow, does Heavenly Father love my companion! The Spirit gave me some very specific things to say to Elder Pratt and brought to my memory some things I had been studying a few days earlier. I talked with Elder Pratt about Jesus Christ’s Atonement and how it isn’t just something He did for our investigators and members, but it was something for everyone including ourselves. Jesus Christ has the power to take away the sting of any mistake and any wrong choice and any trial. After our two hour talk full of tons and tons of tears, I hugged Elder Pratt like I imagined the Savior would hug him if He were here talking with Elder Pratt. I certainly know that Heavenly Father loves his children. After that, we hit the streets with our iPads ablaze with #LightTheWorld. Our entire day was unbelievably successful! We found 5 new investigators that day and had 6 super solid lessons (3 of which were with our top priority investigators). It was an amazing day that I know was given to us straight from Heaven. When we got home that night, we laid on our new rug and talked for a long time about everything. Elder Pratt helped me with some things I have been worried about as well. It was much needed for both of us :) it amazes me how well Heavenly Father can orchestrate our lives and put us with the right people right when we need to be with them. I have such a deep love for Elder Pratt because of the things we have experienced together. I am so grateful for everything we have been blessed with! :) 

There is a really good pianist here in this ward, so that is good! I really do love playing the organ though! I played it for our Christmas MegaZone conference on Friday. It was way too fun :)

Lexie sounds like she is running herself all over the place! Hahahahaha I really enjoyed always having places to be, though, so I can see why she would want to do it :) Love you!

Thanks for all the updates and pictures!  I like that they decided to go to Pond’s Park where I had pictures taken for Prom Junior year! Super cute! :) :) :) 

I love you, Mom! Have the most amazing week! :)

Elder Snell

No comments:

Post a Comment