Monday, February 27, 2017

Subway Surfers

Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Birthday, Christmas, Quanza, Easter, Flag Day, Spring Cleaning Day, Tax Day, ect. everyone!!!!!

This week has been excellent!

I was able to go to the Manhattan Temple on Tuesday! It was such an amazing experience! We all rode the subway from Rego Park, Queens into Manhattan. That was tons of fun. I sat down next to a super nice man from the Philippines. We talked a lot about his job and his church and his family. I was able to teach him about the Book of Mormon and he asked if he could have one! I gave him my Book of Mormon and he thanked me for talking with him. He also said that he knows that these kind of meetings are not a coincidence and that God had arranged for us to meet that day. Super cool! If I had never opened my mouth and said hello, I would have never had that conversation with him. On the way back from the temple, I felt like I should talk with a younger looking man. I went and sat down by him in the back of the subway car and started talking with him. He asked why I was dressed in a suit, so we talked a little bit about the temple. I was able to teach him the Restoration and give him a Book of Mormon. When I got up and went back to the front to talk with more people, I glanced back to see him already reading the Book of Mormon! I smiled, and a woman that had overheard my conversation with the young man waved me over. She said that she wanted that book, too! She said that this was the first time that she had ever heard about Joseph Smith and really wanted to learn more. We talked about the Restoration of the Gospel and she accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon as well! I had prayed that morning to be able to touch someone's life on the way to or from the temple, and Heavenly Father helped me to affect the lives of many that day. All three people that accepted the Book of Mormon from me said that they felt this was something they needed at this time in their lives. Heavenly Father is SO real and has a plan for each of His children! 

We had interviews with President Reynolds on Friday. Wow, do I love that man! He has been such an amazing influence in my life over the past 7 months. Anyway, we talked about a bunch of stuff. Mainly, he told me that he plans to keep me in Plainview for another transfer. He feels that it isn't fair to me to blind two elders into my pool that I have been building since I got here. So, he is going to get me another companion for next transfer. Well, at least that is the plan for now. Sometimes, Heavenly Father randomly sends you some place unexpected.

So, we had to postpone Chris and Nadia's baptism for a couple weeks. They are doing very well and are still looking forward to being baptized in the near future. 

I think that is about it for this week :) have an amazing week! 

I love you all!
Elder Snell


Josh joined us for a lesson with Shirley, and we felt a picture was appropriate for the occassion. 

Callahan Beach in Smithtown







No comments:

Post a Comment