Tuesday, February 21, 2017

For the Temple is A House of God

Hello, Friends :)

This week has been fantastic! Lots of great things and tons of progress with the ward and with our investigators.

Chris and Nadia had their baptismal interviews yesterday and are now ready to be baptized on Saturday! Whoo! I am so excited for them! It has been such an amazing experience to be able to watch how applying the Gospel has truly changed their lives for the better. Their very natures have changed over the past 6 months that I have been working with them. It is hard to describe the joy I feel for them from witnessing the Atonement of Jesus Christ work within their own lives. I can't wait for their baptism!

Frances and Bruce are doing extremely well! They are just cruising along with their family history so they can be ready for the temple. We are planning on going to do Baptisms for the Dead with them on March 4. They are so excited, and I can't wait to be able to go to the temple with them for their first time ever!

Casandra and Len are less-active members who have come to church for the past couple weeks. Awesome! Casandra is mostly deaf and can only communicate with American Sigh Language. We have had my former companion, Elder Robison, Facetime her during Sacrament Meeting. During the last 2 hours of church (Gospel Principles and Relief Society) I have been "interpreting" for her. It is so much fun to be able to practice what Elder Robison taught me! I am no where near being good at ASL, but I can have a little bit of a conversation and can understand/answer Casandra's questions. It has been tons of fun!

Richard and Renanta are doing wonderfully! They love the Book of Mormon and are finding so much peace and joy from reading it as well as praying together regularly. They are going back to Florida for a couple weeks, so we will try to have lessons over Facebook video chat or Facetime. I love being able to use technology for missionary work! It helps a lot. 

Elder Casares told me that I occasionally talk in my sleep... apparently, I taught an entire lesson about prayer the other night. Just thought it was funny and that I would share with you all. 

I am going to the temple for my 6 month mark today! HOORAY! So, I probably won't have much time to respond to emails today. I still love you all and hope you have had an amazing week!

I love and pray for you all!

Love ya!
Elder Snell




I bought a polaroid camer! :) No regrets at all!!!
We got $7.95 for recycling 159 water bottles :)
Here is a potato that one of our less-active is growing on her stove



TEMPLE TRIP!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment