Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Baptisms are White and So Am I

June 4, 2018

Hey, Friends!!! :)

This week has been a memorable one! We got to do lots of service to help one of our investigators (who started reading the Book of Mormon YES!!!!), and we saw tons of miracles!

Elder Reynolds and I have been super busy with teaching our investigators we have found over the past few transfers. I have seen so so so many miracles (that would take hours to explain over email) while I have been here in Flushing. I wish I could quickly tell you all of the details of finding and teaching Jessica and Isabella (those are some true miracles), but maybe next time! Or in person haha

Just a quick side note: I never realized how weird it is being one of the only white people here in Flushing until just recently. Sometimes, people will start yelling at us and wanting to start fights just because we are white. It is strange. Hahaha last week, we were crossing the street and a high school age kid comes up to us and stops us to say, “You two are the only white people I have seen for over a month! Way to represent!” Hahahahaha I love New York!

Anyway, I will tell you about Michael this week. When Mike was very young, he was adopted into a Mormon family and grew up going to primary and everything in The Bronx. However, the family went inactive before the time came for Mike to become a member of the Church. A couple of months ago, Mike contacted us through Mormon.org requesting a “Finding Faith in Christ” DVD. Well, we found out that he already had a Mormon background, so we jumped at the opportunity to teach him! Even though Mike was never baptized, he has never lost his testimony since he was taught the gospel as a little kid. It was such an amazing experience to reteach him all of the lessons and watch him grow closer to God. Mike was baptized and confirmed this past weekend and is glowing with enthusiasm for the gospel. He truly is a miracle and will do a lot to bring our branch closer together :) Mike has a special place in my heart, for sure!

I love this gospel and I love being a missionary so much! I have never experienced as much joy in my life as I have serving others and serving God on my mission. 

I love you all and wish you all the best!

Love,
Elder Snell :)



No comments:

Post a Comment