Sunday, October 29, 2017

Kickin' It With Cleveland

OCTOBER 23, 2017

Hey!

So, Elder Fausett has a temple trip tomorrow, so our preparation day has been postponed until then. Thanks for all of your emails :) I will be emailing tomorrow!

Love you all! Have a wonderful Monday 

Elder Snell

OCTOBER 24, 2017

Hello, kindly readers of my weekly emails! :)

Just a few quick things to share with you all this week before I have to get going! It’s been a relatively good week for me. Last week on Tuesday, Elder Fausett and I got to teach early morning seminary! It was super fun! We woke up at 4:30amin order to get over to the church by 5:45. Usually there are supposed to be about 10 kids there, but last week we had 5. It was really neat getting to know the youth of the ward here and being able to get the Seminary feel again! I am really grateful for the time I had in Seminary growing up. It was really interesting to see how much the kids we were teaching didn’t understand about the gospel. It was actually quite unsettling how much they just didn’t really know. Kind of a reality check for me where I realized how important having a sound understanding of the gospel is in life. It is crucial!!! Having a testimony truly is one of the greatest strengths and anchors in this crazy world we live in.

Speaking of crazy world, I as flipped off for the first time in my life the other day! Hahaha! I got on the 7 train, and as I was standing there holding the support pole, I said hello to this gruff looking man in a tank top. His almost immediate response was the finger! I laughed to myself and continued talking to other people on the train. Once we arrived at our stop, I waved to the man and said, “have a nice day :)”. Again, another finger was raised as I’m sure he was trying to say,” why, thank you! You have a wonderful day as well. God bless!” It was super funny, actually! Hahaha

Also on the train this week, we ran into a few people dressed up for NYC Comic Con! It was super fun walking around amongst a bunch of video game and movie characters! 

Elder Fausett and I have been trying to think of better ways we can utilize Facebook and the technology we have been given. So, we decided that we could try and make some quick informational videos to share on Facebook. Elder Lee and Elder Serruto Diaz joined and we took off with it! So far, we have a little over 1.7K views on our videos!!! It’s been really cool seeing them kind of work! Hahaha Elder Lee said that one of his non-member friends from back home saw one of our videos and began to ask some questions about the church. Elder Lee’s friend is now investigating the Church! God is so good and I am so grateful for the many different ways we are able to share the gospel with others!

Our teaching pool has been put at a stand still for the past couple weeks. All of our current investigators have recently started school or picked up a new job or something that has made them extremely busy! Mario is especially a prime example of this busy lifestyle. His work schedule had him working from 3am-5pm!! However, he always finds time to make it to church each and every Sunday! Mario has come to church 9 weeks in a row now! I was talking with him on Sunday, and he mentioned that he told his Mom that he is going to a different church now. His Mom was not too happy about that one...However, Mario told us that he feels so much peace in his life since he has been coming to church and he is thinking he will become a full time member in the near future! I am so excited for him to be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost!!!! It is really neat to experience a small portion of the love our Heavenly Father has for his children as I teach others here on my mission. I have learned so much about the nature of God over the past little bit and have come to better my personal relaxation ship with Him as a result of it! I love this gospel and I love being a missionary for Him!

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! Make someone smile today! :)

Elder Snell


P.S. Here’s a picture of me and my new friend. One of our investigators has a pet pigeon  he’s had it for 4 years!!! He found the pigeon with a broken wing being attacked by cats, so he brought it in and nursed it back to health. Once it was healthy again (as healthy as a NYC pigeon can get), he let it go outside. However, it followed him back home! Then, he decided to take it far away and let it go, but it still found it’s way back to his doorstep the next morning. So, he just decided to let it stay Hahahaha I forgot what the pigeon's name is, so I have decided to call him “Cleveland”.




1) Cleveland and Me
2) Comic Con on the train!
3) Elder Fausett locked me between our two front doors hahaha
4)Just decorating for the Holidays! 





No comments:

Post a Comment