Monday, October 2, 2017

2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1.....2!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hey, Friends :)

I am currently starting this letter while sitting at a all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet! I decided to write my email instead of eat because I am not hungry, and this place is pretty sketchy and I figured it wouldn’t be worth it hahaha. Gotta love New York! 

So, we had transfer calls this morning! I can’t believe this transfer is already over. It’s been a super fast one! Elder Fausett is breaking my streak of one-and-done’s with my companions! I am pretty happy about that one. It has been weird only being with my companions for only one transfer, so I am excited to be able for Elder Fausett and I to stay together! 

Alright, I am back from the restaurant! Hopefully I will be able to get some writing done hahaha.

This week was pretty good, but it was a little disappointing... We had 18 set lessons scheduled with our investigators for this past week. I was so hyped to be able to see most of the people we are working with consistently this week and see some people we have found over the past few weeks. However, every single appointment scheduled cancelled on us....... So this week was a lot of grinding with street contacting, knocking, and making calls/Video chats. Sadly, we weren’t able to find any new investigators this week, but I trust that the Lord is trying to teach us something :) I love Heavenly Father and I love being a part of His work! I am so grateful that He loves us enough to allow as imperfect of a person as I am to be an instrument in His hands. Over this last transfer, I would have to say that one of the biggest lessons I have learned is how to submit my will to the Father’s. I have had a ton of super awesome plans fall through only to be replaced with real faith-building experiences. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for loving me enough to cut me down :) He truly does know us perfectly, and just as we learned in General Conference, we sometimes need to have the “faith to not be healed”. 

That’s really all I have time to talk about today! Super quick summary of the week:
  • General Conference was amazing!!! I would love to hear what your thoughts are about it! What did the Lord teach you? What stood out to you? What difference did thisConference make in your life? What difference will this Conference make in your life?
  • Exchange with Elder Afoa!! I was really fun to be back with one of my old companions, even if it was just for a day! I love Elder Afoa! He is going to be such an incredible district leader this coming transfer!!

I love you all! Please let me know what I can do for you :) I pray that you will continue to come closer to the Lord this week :)

Love ya!

Elder Snell

P.S. I totally forgot to talk about the Balut we ate a couple weeks ago! It is a partially developed duck embryo! It was actually not that bad, but I don’t think I will want to eat it again hahaha. Check out my email from last week for the pictures :) 

P.P.S. I apologize for the lack of pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment