Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Happy Day for Happy & Mikee!!

August 21st, 2017

Hello, Friends! :)

Wow, this week was a busy one! I doubt I am going to be able to fit it all in one email. So, I have decided that I will attempt to pick out the best/most important parts for you to read. I will try to keep this short and to the point :) oh...also, I just realized I left some stuff out of my email from last week, so I will shortly explain that stuff as well. Alright, here we go :)

Stuff from Last Week
Last Friday, we had a baptism for Daniella (YSA Sister's investigator)!!! WAHOO!! It was super awesome to see the branch pull together to make her baptismal service a very special event for her. Every part of the program was taken care of by the members. John Howard conducted and baptized, Faith and Annie did a musical number, Martin gave the talk on baptism, etc. It was fantastic! 
Mikee & Happy's younger brother turned 10 last week and they invited us to come get some food for his birthday party. We stopped by for a bit and they had a TON of food!!! They legit ordered an entire pig and had tray after tray of Filipino food. It was delicious! One of the dishes (not as delicious as others...) was pork chunks soaked in pig blood... it was interesting hahaha.

Okay, I think that's all I missed from last week so we can now move onto this past week :)

Baptism for Happy & Mikee
That's right! Happy and Mikee were baptized into the YSA this past Friday!!!!!! They are literally some of my most favorite people out here. Their conversion process has been amazing. Their Mom does not support them at all. Despite their family issues, they pressed forward and were still baptized and confirmed because they knew it was true and what God wanted them to do. Mikee asked me if I would baptize her and Happy asked me to confirm her. I am super humbled and grateful that they would ask me to do that for them :) They truly love the gospel and it has definitely changed their lives forever. 

YSA Activity at Flushing Meadows Park
Saturday was probably the most fun I have had on my mission!!! We had a super amazing activity at Flushing Meadows park and a TON of people came including a couple of our investigators and a few of our less active members! We we split up into teams and played a bunch of different games including a sack race, tug-of-war, water balloon fight, ultimate frisbee, and all that jazz! Sadly, my team didn't win, but it was SO FUN!!!  I love the Queens YSA so much! The members did such an amazing job fellowshipping the people we brought. Our investigators and less actives said they felt like they had just been adopted into a large family where everyone is their own age. Truly an incredible thing to have people outside the church feel the love of our Savior through the members of His church. 

Transfers are Tomorrow
Well, it has already been 6 weeks! I can't believe how fast this transfer just flew by! Crazy! AAAAAAAAAAANNDDD...........I am staying here in Astoria!! YAY! I love it here :) However, Heavenly Father has decided to keep my streak of "one-and-ones" going on making it so Elder Cubas is OUT! I thought for sure that we would stay together for another transfer, but I guess Heavenly Father wants me to get used to change. Starting next transfer, I will have had 10 companions in 10 transfers! That's insane! I am happy I get to stay here, though!

Miscellaneous Information :)
I found out this week that Brother Havig (member in the family ward) writes lines for Studio C for his job!!!!!!! That sounds like the best job ever!! Hahahaha 
SO many of the members are involved in music as their careers. There are a lot of actors on broadway, stage crew directors, vocal performers, orchestra directors, Play-writes, etc. It is super fun to ask people about their jobs here :) 

Lots of great stuff is taking off here! Found a few great new investigators who are starting to progress. It is awesome to be a part of :)

I love you all! 
Elder Snell
1-3) Mikee & Happy's Baptism
4-5) I found the caterpillar from A Bug's Life!!
6-7) We found this guy outside while we were knocking one night!
8 Last district picture!
10-25) YSA activity in Flushing Meadows Park and the Unisphere!!!!
26) I ran into Tony and Aira (recent convert and member) from Rego
Park while we were walking home last night!!!!!!!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment