Monday, August 28, 2017

Didn't Even Have Time to Think of A Subject..

Hey, everyone! :)

Wow, I am really good at procrastinating this whole emailing thing hahaha. I will try to cram what I can in the email within the 15 minutes I have left. "We have our heading. Here we GOOOOOOO!"

This week has been such an amazing blessing! I have grown so much this week alone and my testimony of the gospel has been strengthened tenfold! I love the Lord so much for the incredible things I have been blessed with. I am definitely not deserving of what He has given me, but I am truly grateful for it.

So, the best part of this week has been teaching Jacob! Jacob is Happy and Mikee's 10 year old brother. He is literally one of my most favorite people on the planet. Jacob was told by a pastor that his sisters were following Lucifer and that they don't love God. He wasn't very happy with that, so Jacob decided to investigate the truth for himself. He asked Happy and Mikee if he could come to their next lesson with the missionaries to learn for himself where the truth is. We met with Jacob on Tuesday morning where we taught him the Restoration. We first talked all about how much God loves him and knows him. Jacob loves Heavenly Father so much and said that he knows that because He gave him such an amazing family. We talked about how by following Jesus Christ, we can live with our families forever. He loved that! We talked about prayer and how it helps us get closer to God. We talked a lot about how we can receive answers to our prayers from the Holy Ghost. Jacob absolutely loved what we shared with him about all of that and about Joseph Smith asking God which church was true. 
A couple days later, we had another lesson with Jacob where we gave him the Children's Book of Mormon. As of right now, just under a week later, he has read the entire thing and has all the stories memorized! His favorite story is Korihor! I love him so much! Jacob even invited 2 of his friends to one of our lessons where we taught the Plan of Salvation! They all loved it and after we finished talking about the kingdoms of glory, Jacob asked if HE could teach his friends about the Restoration of the gospel through Joseph Smith. That was an incredible moment. 
Jacob came to church yesterday and LOVED it so much! He retaught ME the Plan of Salvation during sacrament meeting hahaha. At the end of church he hugged us goodbye about 6 or 7 times. I love him so much! I am praying so hard that his Mom will have her heart softened to the gospel and desire to learn for herself some day. 

I love you all so much! A lot more happened this week, but time is super super super short. Have an amazing week!

Elder Snell

P.S. I will send pictures next week. Sorry! Just know that Jacob is the cutest little Filipino boy you will ever meet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment