Sunday, July 16, 2017

Still Learning How to Say Goodbye

July 10th, 2017

Hello, Friends!! :)
I hope you all enjoyed your 4th of July week! I sure did! We had a phenomenal ward party on Tuesday morning. Bishop Lindstrom asked the missionaries if we would put it all together. We decked the gym out in all sorts of decorations and put together a sweet game of Jeopardy! We also had mass amounts of food! Pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, fruit, you name it! It was awesome! The ward really loved it and said they need to do more ward parties like this. The party made a HUGE difference in the unity and love within the ward. We put up just barely enough tables and chairs so people were practically forced to sit with people they didn't know. By the end of the party, everyone had gotten to know each other and the ward is beginning to become a large friendship! It has been incredible to see the progress and change this ward has gone through while I have been here. I am really going to miss the Rego Park 1st Ward.
That's right, transfers are tomorrow and I am OUT! The rest of my district is staying, though, so I am the only one that has to say goodbye... It is all okay though, because I know the Lord is in charge and will put me right where He needs me. Although I was only here in Rego Park for 3 months (2 transfers), I feel like I have been here for years! I have really grown to love a lot of people here, and am going to miss them a ton! I am so grateful for the things I was able to learn here and the incredible people I was able to work with and learn from. This last transfer has been pretty difficult for me, but I can honestly say that I grew SO much because of it. I have made a lot of personal growth here and am so grateful for it :)
So, on Saturday, we were at the church waiting for one of our investigators for a lesson. President Reynolds was there for a meeting with all the new trainers, and asked if he could talk with me for a bit. He told me I am going to be transferred on Tuesday and he also asked if I would serve as a Zone Leader. I am so humbled that the Lord feels I am ready to take on such a task haha. I nowhere near qualified to serve in that position, but I have confidence that the Lord will help me figure it out!
Well, I am really short on time this week, so I am going to have to wrap this up with a quick story haha. Another member of our ward had to move this week, so they asked us at the last minute if we could come help them out. We were on our way to pop in on one of our investigators who we haven't seen in a while (we went back later on), but they really needed some help so we happily said, "Sure" :) Well, we were dressed in our Proselyting clothes, and on our way there the heavens opened and let loose everything they had. I wish I had built a ship or something prior to this one, because the roads in Corona became little rivers! It was insane! Our umbrellas weren't all that successful at shielding us from the rain coming at us from all directions (down, left, right, diagonal, up, etc.)! It was pretty fun jumping over mini lakes and full on streams :) the move went alright, too! We had to wrap everything in large garbage bags and walk it all 6 blocks to their new apartment. Our mission Nurse, Sister Peterson, (bless her soul) came to the rescue and took a load over in her Prius! What a blessing she is!
Well, that's pretty much it for this time around. I love you all! I don't know here I am getting transferred to until tomorrow, so I will send you my new address next week! Have/Make an amazing week!
Love ya!
Elder Snell


1) District Picture! (on my Polariod)
2) Avery Peña    A.K.A. Sloppy Joe
3) Brother Sanchez
4) Peña Family
5) Sister Baynes
6) Charles Kwon (Investigator)
7) Tony Alvaira (Recent Convert)
8) Sister Harsono (plus a few)
9) My last Family Home Evening here in Rego Park! This was the biggest one yet! FHE has been one of the best things for this ward. Everyone who has come has absolutely loved it and have really grown closer to the other members of the ward!
10-14) Ward 4th of July Party!
15) Jonathan
16) Yocheved
17) Brother Nuñez (Ward Mission Leader)
18) Brother Sukraj


















 






No comments:

Post a Comment