Monday, July 17, 2017

More Than A Bumblebee

Busy! Busy! Dreadfully busy!

Hey, Everyone!

I hope you all had an amazing week! My week has been one of a lot of adjusting. As you know, I was transferred on Tuesday. I am now in Astoria, Queens with Elder Cubas. He is from New Orleans, Louisianna and has been on his mission for 19 months. 

So, it is super different being here in Astoria because we actually cover two units. We are assigned to the Astoria family Ward as well as the Queens YSA branch!!!!! I have only been here for a week, and I love the members here so much! The YSA has about 40-50 members who come to church semi-regularly. However, when sacrament meeting starts there are only about 25 or so. The rest like to come just a little late haha. There is such a special spirit here in these units and I love it! So on Wednesday, I was surprised with a text from the YSA branch presidency asking me to speak in church on my first Sunday here! Speaking in church again was really great! So far, I have only been able to speak once in each area I have served in. During the family ward church yesterday, I was asked to give a talk this coming Sunday as well! I love being able to speak in church! 
So, being over the two units is really interesting. YSA starts at 11 and the family ward starts at 1, so we only get to go to YSA's sacrament meeting before going to the family ward's sacrament meeting and the rest of church with them. I LOVE the people here (and everywhere)!!! 

This week has been super busy!! Our teaching pool is somewhat dead, so we haven't been able to teach a whole lot so far. Most of our time is spent trying to find new people to investigate the church and contacting the potential investigators we have in AreaBook. 

Actually, we have a bunch of lessons happening tonight. So, that is good :)

Well, that's all I really have time for today! Sorry for not really explaining that much. 

Anyway, here is my new address if you ever felt like sending mail to me or something like that hahaha :)

(message his Mom if you would like it)




Have a wonderful week! Love you all!
Elder Snell

No comments:

Post a Comment