Tuesday, July 4, 2017

From iPad Mini To Miniature iPad

June 19, 2017

Happy Father's Day!!
I want to start out by telling everyone how much I love and appreciate my Dad! He is always there to support me in anything that I am doing. My Dad has spent countless hours helping me and working with me in each and every thing I have been a part of. I can't thank him enough for everything he has done for me! I am especially grateful for his example to me and everyone of Christlike service. My Dad loves helping people and loves serving the Lord (Mosiah 2:17)! Happy Father's Day, Dad!!!! Love you!
This week, we had MegaZone Conference on Wednesday. It was amazing! This time around was a little different than most MegaZone Conferences. Each missionary here in the NYNYS mission was given a Samsung Galaxy J3! Crazy stuff! The Lord is definitely hastening His work! Most of MegaZone was about how we can use our new phones most effectively and setting up the phones. Along with our phones, each senior companion has a SIM card and 5 GB of data!!!! I have already seen the difference this is making in missionary work! Instead of asking people if they have a Facebook and then sending them a friend request when you get home or to the church, we can whip out our phones and send them a request and have them accept it right then! There have also been times where a certain scripture, video, or general conference talk would come to my mind that we could send to an investigator. In the past, I have often completely forgotten about the impression I had and wouldn't send the message. However, now that we have data, we can send those kind of messages literally anytime and anywhere!!! There is not a single minute that is unproductive with these phones. I love it!
The second thing I wanted to share from MegaZone Conference was what President Reynolds presented as "No Effort Is Wasted". He and the Assistants made a power point with the pictures of each recent convert who was baptized last transfer on their own slide. As each picture came up, President had everyone who had anything to do with the recent convert stand up (even if they had only taught them one lesson on an exchange, or if they found them, or if they said hello to them at church once). It was really eyeopening to see how much really goes into the conversion of God's children to the gospel. There were some recent converts who had a lot of missionaries standing for them. One of the pictures that came up was Chris and Nadia Keller. The love I felt for them and all the missionaries who stood with me is indescribable! There were so many missionaries who had a part in their conversion in the 6 years they were meeting with missionaries! The Lord works in mysterious ways and through a LOT of people! I am still baffled at the complexity of conversion. It is really incredible to think what actually goes into one being converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What is even more amazing is Heavenly Father's ability to keep track of it all! I am just so grateful to be a missionary and be a part (even if it is a small part) of someone's finding true and lasting happiness in the restored gospel of our Savior.
Update on Adrian: We finally heard from him on Wednesday after not being able to get in contact with him for almost 2 weeks! He called us and said he has been really busy with his new job and with finals for school. We were able to set an appointment with him for Saturday so we could help him start to resolve his concerns and solidify his testimony. We also had Brother and Sister Taylor say they wanted to come to our next lesson with Adrian. They are the best!! However, when Saturday came, Adrian didn't... It was dumping rain, so I am guessing that Adrian got called in to work some of his EMT magic. The sad thing is that we haven't heard from him yet! We have no clue what happened to him. We have been praying and fasting for almost 3 weeks now for him, and we haven't been able to meet with him at all. I guess I just need to trust in the Lord's timing and have faith that what needs to happen with Adrian will happen :)
We found a few new investigators this week who seem pretty cool! It has been a long week and a hot one (except when it rained all day Saturday. That was beautiful)! The work goes on!
I wish I had more exciting stuff to tell you all, but that is okay for now! I love you all and hope you have a magnificent week, or day, or month. It's up to you, really ;)
Anywho, love ya!
Elder Snell
P.S. I apologize for the complete lack of pictures this week 

No comments:

Post a Comment