Monday, March 20, 2017

Rain is Falling All Around

Hello, friends!

I don't have too much time this week to write my weekly email. Time
just snuck away from me today! So, I will just cut right to the chase.

About a week ago, a member from the Rego Park ward called us and asked
if we could giver her aunt (who isn't a member of the Church) a
blessing. She lives in our area, so we were more than happy to help
out with it! On Thursday, we drove up to Northport to give Betty her
blessing. When we got there, she sat us down on her couch and we began
to get to know her a bit. She grew up Catholic but wasn't really
active in her faith later on in life. Her niece (the member from the
Rego Park ward, Sister MacDonald) actually got the temple work done
for Betty's deceased husband, so we talked a bit about the temple and
baptisms for the dead. As we talked about Betty's husband, I could
literally feel him enter in the room. I could feel his excitement as
Betty was learning about the Restoration of Christ's Gospel and the
Book of Mormon. We talked with Betty for about an hour and a half. We
gave her a blessing and also knelt in prayer to offer a blessing on
her home and dedicate it to the Lord. There was such a strong feeling
of love, hope, and joy in her home as we all prayed together. It was
such a neat experience! Heavenly Father truly does have a plan for all
of His children.

The Elders in my district had a baptism on Saturday for Marko! It was
so special! Marko has come such a long way from the time the Sisters
found him 3 weeks ago! It was SO neat to be able to get to know him
and watch him become forever changed by the gospel. His step-mom came
to support him in being baptized. She is Catholic and is from Croatia!
She was very curious about the Church, so I was able to talk with her
a lot and answer some of her questions. She said that she felt
something different here, especially during the baptism of her
step-son. I have no doubt that she will also walk into the waters of
baptism some day!

That's all I have time for this week. Sorry! I love you all and wish
you the best!

Elder Snell





MegaZone Conference



Irma Rochford (less-active member we are working with) sent me this message after we invited her to give away two copies of the Book of Mormon :)


Not sure what these pictures were for. I couldn't open the documents. But hey, Caden must have been trying to tell us something. :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment