Sunday, September 18, 2016

We're Going On A Squirrel Hunt to See What We Can Find

Email from 9/12/16. Sorry for the Late Post.....

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had an amazing week! This week has been up and down for
me. A lot happened! Most of it was good though, so don't worry too
much.

First story. Last Monday, Elder Jensen and I decided to go do some
look ups. We both felt that we needed to go visit this one specific
person. We parked down the street a little bit and walked up to the
house. Turns out, they moved about a year ago...so we start walking
back to the car wondering why we felt that person was so important.
While we were walking, we see someone standing half way out of his
front door holding a broomstick and another large man standing on the
furniture in their tiny front room. The man inside looked like he was
struggling with something, so we decided to go talk to them and offer
any assistance they could use. We approach them and ask what they are
doing. They said that two squirrels had gotten into their front room.
They accidentally killed the mother, and the other squirrel was hiding
under their small bookcase. The larger man, in an attempt to find the
squirrel, started hitting everything very forcefully with his heavy
stick. He saw the squirrel, got scared, and handed me his stick, so I
then proceeded to find this squirrel. I found it and it started
yelling at me hahaha. I pulled the bookcase away from it and it ran
out of the house. It was a party! One of the guys thanked us and said
there is no way that they would've found that squirrel and gotten it
out without us. We gave him our card and got his address to go visit
him later. I know it is a little strange, but it was a testimony
builder to me that the Lord puts us in the right place at the right
moment.

I'm not sure if I talked about this last week, but Frank Mansuetto is
still in the hospital. He is definitely getting better, but he still
has quite a way to go. We go over to his house to do yard work for his
wife each week. She makes us lunch each time we go and is probably one
of the nicest ladies you will ever meet. Frank has an I'm a Mormon
video. I will attach it to this email. You should watch it! Frank is
such a cool guy and has a really cool story about how he found the
gospel!

So, sad stuff...turns out that Chris & Nadia used to have some serious
Word of Wisdom problems. They overcame their issues, but as of
recently, they have been hit with trial after trial. Sadly, they
turned back to their old ways. Their neighbor stopped us and told us
all these terrible things they have done to her...The adversary is
working hard on Chris & Nadia. We haven't given up on them yet, and
hopefully they haven't given up on themselves. They keep blowing us
off with our appointments, so hopefully we won't have to drop them...

About three weeks ago, some guy walked into the chapel right after our
sacrament meeting. He looked a little lost, so I went over to him to
see how I could help him. He said he was looking for the missionaries
because he wanted to be baptized! He is YSA age, so we had to give him
to Sister Nash and Sister Tarnasky. Matt was baptized on Saturday and
confirmed yesterday! The sisters and I did a musical number at his
baptism. It was a beautiful baptismal service. We also had Gary (an
investigator) come to church with us yesterday! He said he really
enjoyed it and would love to come every week! I love doing missionary
work! It is often times very hard, but it is SO worth it!

I love you all!

Elder Snell

Splits with Elder Portlock (service missionary) and Josh (YSA member)







No comments:

Post a Comment