Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Let Us All Press On!

Letter from Sept 19, 2016


Hello, my friends!

I hope this week has been super good for all of you!

So, I have decided that I need to find a way to make my emails more
interesting. Seeing that I have no creative ideas, I am asking all of
you if you have any ideas for something I can do to spice things up a
bit! Let me know what you come up with (for the sake of your own
reading enjoyment). The purpose of my letters isn't to entertain, but
I know it is nice if they aren't deathly boring.

Anyway, here are some things that happened this week!

Nothing really email-worthy really happened until around Thursday.
Elder Portlock (a church service missionary) asked if he could come on
an "exchange" with Elder Jensen and I on Thursday through Friday.
President Reynolds said that it would be fine. Elder Portlock was so
excited, because he had never really gone out with proselyting
missionaries before. Both days were very interesting. First, we went
to visit Charlie. We started talking with him, and he asked about
about the way we, as missionaries, live. Elder Portlock tried to
explain, and the whole discussion turned into an argument between
Charlie and Elder Portlock. It was very weird... Anyway, after that,
we went to knock doors in Huntington. While we were knocking, I heard
a marching band playing at a football game! I got super excited! It
made my night!

The next day, we taught some really good lessons where the spirit was
so strong! It was incredible! After those lessons, I felt like we
needed to go visit Brother Mansuetto, who is still in the hospital.
When we got there, Brother Mansuetto's face lit up! Sister Mansuetto
told us that he was getting really depressed that day, so us being
there was an answer to her prayers. We gave Brother Mansuetto a
blessing. The spirit was really strong and I know that he will heal
and be able to walk again. We also went back on Sunday to take him the
Sacrament. He was so much happier! I love how the spirit works to help
others!

So, Gary and Chris both came to church yesterday! I love having new
people at church! The members get really excited about missionary work
when they see new faces. Our ward mission leader, Brother Margiotta,
expressed to the Ward how hard we are working and also sent around a
calendar for members to sign up to feed us dinner. We now have over 20
dinner appointments scheduled for the rest of September and October! I
am so excited to meet all of them and see if they have friends we can
bring closer unto to Christ. Chris and Gary are both on date for
baptism! They are super solid, so I don't have too many worries about
them falling through. Chris's word of wisdom problems weren't as bad
as their neighbor made them sound, so that was a relief!

So, transfer calls were this morning! I am happy to say that the
Plainview District will be staying exactly the same for another 6
weeks! I love my district!

I love you all!

Have an incredible week!

Elder Snell
:{D


Elder McCleary's grilled cheese
Elder McCleary's Grilled Cheese! Yum!

Hair Cutting Activity!


No comments:

Post a Comment