Monday, September 5, 2016

Earthquakes, Hurricanes, and Liars

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

It's been an exciting week! We had Trainer/Trainee meeting on Wednesday. Elder Barker and Elder Mullen were there, so we had a lot of fun talking about our areas and each other's companion. After the meeting, I took a driving test and passed! Yay! Now we can actually go on an exchange with the other Elders in my district. Trainer/Trainee meeting was in Rego, Queens. It was so much fun to go into the city! It felt like there was an earthquake every 5 minutes when the Long Island Railroad train would pass by. It's weird when your sitting there and the church building starts rumbling! Traffic was terrible trying to get back home, though! 

Thursday was our exchange with the Zone Leaders! They are Spanish speaking, so I spent the day with Elder Moe in Brentwood visiting people who only speak Spanish. It was kind of fun watching Elder Moe have a conversation while I have no clue what is even happening. He would occasionally fill me in on what has happened and then ask me to bear my testimony which he then translated. We went to a Spanish member's home to give her a blessing, then she made us dinner. Spanish people make you eat SO much food! If they ask if you want seconds, you have to say yes or else they get offended. At least the food was good, right? Haha. After we ate, we (it was really just Elder Moe) shared a message about the Book of Mormon. We then went to a busy area to do some street contacting and plant some seeds. We stopped a guy in front of an MMA studio and Elder Moe taught him the Restoration. I had no clue what they were saying, so I ended up watching a couple grown men wrestle and punch suspended bags of sand. It was weird...but Elder Moe's conversation ended with getting the man's number and setting up a return appointment, so that's pretty exciting! I did learn how to introduce ourselves as missionaries in Spanish, though!

I think I mentioned Chris & Nadia last week. They are the couple that we have on date to be baptized. Anyway, they came to church yesterday! I was SO excited to see them there! The Ward absolutely loved them! The members here are super cool and excited about missionary work. The majority of them are converts themselves, so a bunch of members were constantly coming up to Chris & Nadia to introduce themselves and to get to know them. Chris & Nadia loved church and said they felt the spirit constantly while they were  cant wait to be baptized. I love this Ward! 

Last thing for this week: we got hurricane and flash flood warnings for Saturday-Tuesday. President told everyone to refuel our cars and go buy some food supplies to last a week or so. We did all of that and were completely ready for a hurricane. We wake up the next day (Sunday) and Che k the weather forecast: 0% of rain for the entire week. I don't know what the weather man did to Mother Nature, but she really must find joy in making him a liar! Hahaha

Anyway, I think that's it for this week. I don't have a quote for this week, but I do have a challenge for all of you. Please let me know how this goes for you!

Challenge: Invite a non-member friend to go to church with you. 

Don't ever pass up the opportunity to be a blessing for someone else! You won't regret it! I promise. 

I love you all!

Elder Snell




Catching up with his MTC group, Elder Barker, Elder Mullen and Elder McCleary

"Light" Traffic In Queens

Elder Jensen's way of cooking without Milk

Elder Jensen Feeding their pet Chester

No comments:

Post a Comment