Monday, April 17, 2017

The Time Has Come

Happy Easter, Friends! :)

Wow. I can't believe the time has come to say goodbye to my home for the past 9 months. This place and the people here have truly changed me for the better, and I am so grateful for it. I have been so blessed to be able to serve in such an amazing ward. I am truly going to miss everyone here in Plainvew. I have really grown to love the people in this ward and consider them all my family. We had our transfer calls this morning, and I was informed that I am "OUT". I definitely saw it coming seeing that I have been here for so long, but I am still extremely sad to have to leave. However, despite all the sadness, I am super excited to see what the future holds for me! I know that the Lord qualifies those whom He has called, which is a good thing because I am definitely not qualified yet for my next assignment. President Reynolds has asked me if I will serve as a District Leader in my next area. Let me just say that the Lord has a LOT of qualifying to do for me! I am super excited to be able to serve the Lord, my new area, and the missionaries in my new district in a different way. I find out where I am going to be transferred to at transfer meetingtomorrow, so I will let you all know where I end up next week. I do, however, know that my next companion just barely got out of training, so I really excited to be able to start working with him! That is really all I know, though.

This week was really good! We have been focusing a lot more on visiting members and talking with them about people they have been able to share the gospel with. So many members in the ward are actively sharing what they know to be true with their friends and coworkers! It is awesome! As a result of us constantly talking to members about people they are sharing with, we have had a total of 12 meal appointments just this week. Crazy! We haven't had dinner at home all week. Helping members share the gospel is amazing! Each member we have talked with about this has listed quite a few people they have been talking with about the gospel. We have had a few members ask us for a few copies of the Book of Mormon, for pass-along cards, for pamphlets, etc. The members have really started having a desire to actively engage in their own missionary work! I have seen a noticeable difference in the faith and spirit of those who are actively sharing the gospel. It is really neat to be able to witness! 

Remember Sister Irma who feeds us every Friday? Remember how she gave a Book of Mormon to her friend, Lateefa? Well, Irma invited Lateefa over for dinner with us and we were able to teach her the Restoration! Two weeks later, she came over to Irma's again while we were there so Elder McConkie and I could write her a note in the front of her Book of Mormon. Turns out that in just two weeks, Lateefa had already read all the way up to 3 Nephi! Wow! We talked a bit more about it with her this week and she said she will come to church one day. Irma is stoked about it! 

Chris and Nadia Keller and getting baptized on Saturday!!! Yay! After visiting them every week for the past 9 months, they are finally taking the plunge! I have seen them progress SO much! I can't believe I am going to have to miss their baptism due to transfers, but I am so happy that they are going to be baptized and enter into a covenant with Heavenly Father. Wow, this gospel is true! 

Easter on the mission is an amazing experience! What better way to celebrate the life, Atonement, and Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, than making sure everyone you meet knows about it! We had two dinner appointments for Easter. We also went around to a few other members to say goodbye :( I love Easter! I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and what He did for each of us! I know He lives and loves us. Truly, He is Risen!

Have a great week, everyone! Love you!

Elder Snell



Picture Party!

1-2) Last district meeting in Plainview!
3) Pinelli Family
4) Joe Miglino
5) Sister NĂ­ Lochlainn
6) Matthew and Jeffrey Christiansen
7) Brother Margiotta
8) Brother Mills
9-10) Plainview Bishopric (Brother Sorensen, Bishop Bjarnsen, Brother Wilde, Elder Snell, Brother Caldwell)
11) Stroking Brother Margiotta's red felt loafers
12) Our Easter cake
13) Dio Smith and her 94 year old mom
14) Elder Snell, Sister Miller, Sister Ferreira, Brother Legakis, Sister Legakis
15) Our fridge filled with nothing but leftovers from dinner appointments
16) Brother & Sister Mansuetto
17) Brother and Sister Pinelli

























No comments:

Post a Comment