Monday, November 28, 2016

We Are Sowing, Daily Sowing

Hello Everyone! :)

This week has been amazing! 

On Tuesday, there was an Interfaith Thanksgiving Worship Service hosted by the Temple Chaverim. It is a Jewish temple here in Plainview. It was a really interesting service! There were people of all sorts of faiths and religions. It was really cool to see everyone gathered together to worship and thank our Father in Heaven. We were able to talk to quite a few different people and a bunch of people had questions for us about our church. We talked with a Jewish Rabbi (picture included) and so many more. A pastor from a Lutheran congregation came up to us (4 missionaries) and started asking some questions. Elder Cubas started teaching him the Restoration, so we joined in and testified of the Priesthood. The pastor said he had never been to an LDS worship service, so I gave him the address of our church and invited him to come. He said he would really like to make it there some day! It was legit!

I don't know if I have talked about our investigator, Gary, yet. I think I have.. anyway, his baptism is coming up in a couple of weeks! I am so excited for him! He has come a LONG way :) keep him in your prayers. I love this eternal work! :)

Thanksgiving was fantastic! We had 3 different meals, all of which were completely different. All had turkey, but everything else varied. It was so yummy! The Mansuetto's fed us Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday (picture included), and the Brewer's and Sister Dio Smith fed us dinner on Thursday. Everything was awesome! Everything is AWESOME!!!!  I have so much to be thankful for! I am so thankful for this beautiful gospel. I don't know where I would be without it. Definitely not in New York hahaha. I am so grateful for my wonderful parents and the Christlike examples they are to me :) I am so grateful for all my friends and family who have helped me to become the person I am today! I love you all and thank Heavenly Father for getting to have each of you in my life.

I hope everyone has had an amazing week! Thank you for all your support. Let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you :)

Love you all!

Elder Snell


P.S. I found out that Elder Robison is not a fan of Primary songs. Whenever it gets quiet in the car (so whenever we aren't talking about our investigators) I like to sing Primary songs...somewhat above average volume. Sometimes he sings along hahaha :)

P.P.S. If you haven't had the chance yet, go to Mormon.org and watch the new Christmas Initiative! #LIGHTtheWORLD

Lutheran Pastor with Elder Cubas, Elder Snell, Elder McCleary, Elder Robison




#LIGHTtheWORLD


Mansuetto's Thanksgiving Dinner Table

Long Island Freeways





No comments:

Post a Comment