Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Lord's Doctors

Email 11/7/2016

Hello, Friends!!

So, this week was pretty interesting. It was sad and stressful and
awesome and exciting and eventful and full of hard work and different
and successful and a lot of other things :)

Halloween night wasn't nearly as much of a party as Elder Jensen
talked it up to be haha. Since transfers were the next day, he spent
the night packing and I spent the night cleaning...a lot... it was
kind of fun though haha

Transfers were on Tuesday. We had to be there at 10:15 for the new
trainers meeting. It was super cool. President and the assistants gave
workshops on how to best help the new missionaries be the best
missionaries they can be.

After the meeting, I met my trainee, Elder Robison! He is super cool!
He is from Cottonwood Heights, Utah. He went to Brighton High School
and loves to run and rock climb. He was called to speak American Sign
Language. He is already 6 weeks into his training, but was shipped out
to Plainview to finish his training with me :) we are going to get
along really well! For language study, he and I watch conference talks
in ASL and don't speak to each other (we only communicate by signing).
I can sometimes understand what he is saying to me, but I'm not too
good at ASL haha I can sign the Missionary Purpose though!

This week has been a lot of hard work! It is a lot more stressful
being a trainer than a trainee! I am learning a TON about myself and
how to become a better missionary, though! My teaching skills have
definitely improved and so has pretty much every aspect of being a
missionary. I have had to rely a lot on the Savior this past week! I
am so grateful for the experiences Heavenly Father is giving me, even
if they aren't necessarily the easiest experiences. However, it is the
hardest experiences that you learn the most from :)

So the coolest thing happened to Elder Robison and I yesterday! Right
after church, Brother Caldwell (2nd councilor in the bishopric) pulled
us aside and told us that someone texted him and asked for the
missionaries to come to the hospital and give a few people some
blessings. Elder Robison and I eagerly volunteered to do it! Turns out
that the woman that requested the missionaries was a recent convert
who lived in Pennsylvania. She is the only member of the church in her
family and her step-dad was hospitalized that morning. We got to the
hospital and there were about 30-40 people there to support the
family. The dad was perfectly normal one day and the next day he is
hooked up to all sorts of machines which were keeping him alive. We
gave him a priesthood blessing as well as his son, who was taking the
situation the hardest. The spirit in that hospital was so strong as we
gave this stranger a blessing in front of his family and friends who
never heard of the gospel but had nowhere else to turn. I am truly
humbled that Heavenly Father chose us to be the ones to go help His
children in such a dire situation. This gospel is incredible! I know
it's true! I know it more and more every day!

That's it for this week! I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Elder Snell





No comments:

Post a Comment