Friday, July 29, 2016

TICKLE our Investigators

Hello everyone! This week has been absolutely amazing! I don't really know how to fit everything that happened this week in an email, so I am just going to write stuff... here we go :)

We got our TRC investigatorson Saturday! YAY! Their names are Braulio and Qunjie. Braulio is from Lima, Peru. Qunjie is from somewhere in Asia haha. Not entirely sure what part of that part of the world haha. We finish teaching them today. Braulio committed to be baptized yesterday! He is so much fun to teach! He's really funny and likes to make little jokes :) We finished teaching Doug and set a baptism date with him. He is just an actor, but he still committed to be baptized! He was so fun to teach.

 Foursquare is probably one of the most intense things here! Some of the players are ridiculously good at it! It's crazy!

 Alright, cool story! For sacrament meetings, the branch president has everyone prepare a talk on the same subject and then announces who will be speaking right before they are about to speak. The topic for sacrament meeting was Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I was studying and couldn't find anything I wanted to talk about. So, I prayed that I could find a story in the Book of Mormon on faith. I then stood my scriptures up on the spine and let go. I waited for about 10 seconds with my eyes closed and then placed my hand down on the page. The book opened to Ether 12, which is FULL of BofM stories and miracles that happened through faith! My mind was blown!!! I thanked Heavenly Father, and then prepared an AMAZING talk (slight bias) that I didn't even have to give haha.

On Sunday, The Nashville Tribute Band came and did a performance for everyone! Their music was like a spiritual fire hydrant to the face! Not a single dry eye. Go look them up :)

I have been able to play the piano a few times this week! Anytime I play Maple Leaf Rag, a bunch of people always stop and stare into the room! It's really funny actually haha. Elder Mullen, roommate, and I are preparing a piano duet to play in sacrament. I am so excited!!! So, fun story, starring me: I was asked to be the Sacrament Meeting pianist for our branch! I am pretty stoked about it :)

There is so much stuff that happens here, I wish I could just tell you all of it, but that would be a very long email...haha so I think that is all I have for this week. If you have any questions, or if you just get bored, feel free to email me! I love you all!!!!!

I almost forgot! TICKLE our investigators! Elder Conley made it up hahahaha Teach Invite Care Know Love Encourage our investigators, or your companion, or anyone really! hahaha just go TICKLE everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Elder Snell :{D





Elder Ben Mullins (band friend), Elder Caden Snell and Elder Braden Geddes (Ward friend)


















No comments:

Post a Comment