Thursday, July 21, 2016

NEW YORK NEW YORK SOUTH MISSION



Welcome to Elder Caden Snell's Mission Blog. I am Caden's Mom, Wendi Snell. I'm not a writer so don't expect me to write anything amazing, ha ha. But I'm excited to share Caden and his journey serving our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ, for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (The Mormons).

Here is his first letter sent to us with in 30 minutes of dropping him off at the MTC (Missionary Training Center). The experience of just dropping him off at the curb is like none other, you literally pull in behind a line of cars just like the airport drop off. You get the luggage out, get a picture, give him a hug and then watch him pull his luggage away. Caden will serve the city of New York for 2 years. He is so excited for this opportunity! Here is his first letter.....

"I'm Alive!
Hey, guys!! Here I am at the MTC! whooot! Just in case you were wondering, I live in building 16M (not that that would make too much sense to you haha). This place is SO cool! My district is FULL of musically gifted people. There is an elder who is from Payson who was in marching band. There is also an Elder from Louisiana? I think...haha anyway, he plays the saxophone and did marching band as well! My companion is Elder Mason McClery! He also went to Davis High. I've been here for just about an hour, and already I am seeing the Lord's hand in everything that goes on here. I apologize for the shortness of this letter. I only had about 5 minutes. I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was also informed that the orange juice is "THE BEST!" I still don't know if there is even anything wrong with it yet.... oh well hahaha. Love you guys!"

No comments:

Post a Comment