Monday, May 29, 2017

Week of Variety

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone! :)

This week was certainly an interesting one, that's for sure! I hope everyone is having a good time with all your Memorial Day activities! Here are a few highlights from this past week:

Transfer Calls
Yup! It is already that time again! This transfer just zoomed right past! It has been such a great one, though! The Zone Leaders called this morning to tell us who was being transferred. Here are the results for my district: Elder Sutherland - IN, Elder Cahan - OUT, Sister Persinger - IN, Sister Panoussi - OUT, Elder Snell - IN, and Elder Imlay - OUT! That is pretty much what we all expected. It's crazy though, because Elder Jensen is the only companion that I have had for more than a transfer. I have already had 7 companions in 7 transfers. Transfer meeting isn't until tomorrow, so I will let you all know who my new companion is next week.

Adrian Gonzalez
SOOOOO.........We have been meeting with Adrian for a little over a month now, and he has been progressing SO well! He truly loves the gospel and it has changed his life. He tells us almost everyday how much he loves the Book of Mormon and loves coming to church. Adrian accepted the invitation to be baptized at our fist lesson and is now ready for baptism! His baptism is going to be this coming Saturday. He is probably the most prepared person to receive the gospel that I have taught on my mission so far. It has been such a neat experience to see the gospel change him. Wow, missionary work is the best! :)

Family Home Evening
We have been having FHE every week with the ward for the past little bit, but it hasn't really gotten us anywhere. This week, Bishop jumped on board with the FHE and announced it in sacrament meeting! Yesterday (Sunday) we had about 15 members come to Family Home Evening! It is super cool how even just one activity like that has helped the member get to know each other really well! If FHE continues to go well, Bishop might give someone a calling to keep organizing it! The members said that they loved it and are going to try and invite some of their non-member friends. Super awesome!

Miscellaneous
On Tuesday, Elder Imlay and I were trying to visit one of our potential investigators. We were standing at the door when a Guyanese woman called out to us from across the street. She walked over to us and we started talking with her. She introduced herself as Hillary Clinton...... this through me off. This sweet woman was 100% convinced that she is Hillary Clinton. She told us that she was murdered and her body was eaten by congress. Her soul was then put into the body of a Guyanese woman. Hillary also told us that as she gets older, she is slowly turning white again. She was talking with us for about 20 minutes! It was very interesting! 
On Tuesday, we went to a funeral for the deceased husband of one of the members in our ward. It was a really beautiful service. Sister Persinger and I sang a duet of "I Need Thee Ev'ry Hour" which went pretty alright. I am so grateful the knowledge that I have of the Plan of Salvation.

That's about it for this week. At least, that's all I can remember right now hahaha. 

Oh yeah! I forgot that I got to speak in Sacrament Meeting yesterday! It was such a wonderful experience to be able to speak. I love this gospel so much and am so grateful for any opportunity I get to share my testimony with others. I definitely love this ward!

Have a wonderful week!!! Love you all!

Elder Snell

****PS- This is Added by Mom Snell-----
I received this letter in the mail today. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to share my son with New York. He is and always has been such and amazing happy person and ALWAYS wanting to serve others. Please read.....


Pictures!

1) Ward Family Home Evening!
2) Last District Meeting for the transfer
3) Cute kid in the ward named Kayden had a bunch of these action figures which we hung on the table :)
4) Super awesome picture Adrian sent me!
5) Another message Adrian sent us! :) :)
6) SUPER AMAZING violinist we ran into in the subway station! WOW! It was cool! :)












No comments:

Post a Comment